A brother of the Knights of Pythias, c.1870.
This logo represents the National Photographic Association of the United States. The group aimed to advance the art of photography and prevent the reissue of the ambrotype. Ryder was an officer for the society.
This design features the façade of Ryder’s studio and art gallery at 239 Superior Street. It opened in 1872.